Monday, August 24, 2009

Girl's gotta work!

Today was my first day actually doing audiology things and not reading through a manual. I rode with Jim to our Rototuna clinic today, which is the newest in the Triton Company. It was good, exhausting but good. I haven’t done anything audiology related since April but luckily it’s like riding a bike! There are some interesting differences beside the obvious funding options. They only do a ten word, word recognition test at 30 dB above their PTA. After that they do another 10 word list but do it at 10 or 15 dB lower than the previous. They look for a decrease (around half) in scores and chart that. That is what they do instead of SRT. I find it interesting but I am also good at doing what I am told (most of the time). They also don’t have file folders here; they use big white envelopes, kind of annoying but only a small thing. Chart notes and letters are kept on an online database but there is also a paper file for every patient with their audio and repair or order forms. Also masking here is different, but masking is different at every clinic regardless of the country so I wasn’t as shocked to learn that.

I am also very much considering buying a car, driving here is a scary thought but I find myself standing at round abouts just watching all the cars so I think I can do it! Plus I am just a really good driver anyways. It would also make for a much more convenient mode of traveling for all of my Z-Land visitors! I am thinking of you! Hmmm….

No comments:

Post a Comment