As I sit at the airport waiting to leave the country I realize that this whole moving out of the country thing is a lot harder than I thought it would be! I thought all the prerequisites for leaving would be the worst part but the worst are all the goodbyes I had to do at the gate today. Not really sure when I will see loved ones again, or even be able to talk to them! As I stood in line at security ready to enter my future I realized that this isn’t the brilliant idea that I cooked up that seemed so exciting but it’s far more emotionally difficult then I imagined. That also tells me that it is a necessary step to growing up. I realized that I have never moved by myself before. I know this will be hard, but I think it will be a great experience and one that will last me a lifetime.
As I wait in the Air New Zealand terminal, I am made very aware that my life is about to change. My cell phone is dyeing and is soon to be completely dead, not that I can use it when I get there! My ‘accent’ is a minority, and soon I will be the foreigner! I know things will get easier and just need to acclimate. It’s great to think of all my friends and family that will visit and cannot wait to show them a taste of what I have been doing when they get to New Zealand.
My next and final flight on my journey is the longest flight I have ever been on, as well as the biggest plane! I had no idea how many people fly to New Zealand on a daily basis…trust me, it’s a lot. I am sitting in 43J…which I would have guess would be near someone’s luggage but evidently the plane is the size of Wal*Mart! Good thing, because I find myself very comfortable in Wal*Mart! After spending almost $600 sending all of my most valuable possessions, I am beginning to think I may want to consider downsizing in the future. There were too many things that I just couldn’t imagine my life without!
My next step in the process is staying asleep on the twelve hour flight and then maneuvering my way through customs at 5:25 am. I am not really good at doing anything that early! The next time you will hear from me, I will be in New Zealand and ready for all that it has to offer!
Let the adventure begin!
Monday, August 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment