I survived my first holiday in New Zealand. I accompanied my boss and her partner and several of their friends to Waihi Beach (about an hour and half drive) for a week of sun, sand, and relaxation. We rented a bach (what the kiwi’s call a beach house) for the week, I was lucky enough to stay in the room with two sets of bunk beds complete with Ferrari and strawberry shortcake duvets (I know…lucky me)! We did have the opportunity to sample some of the local cuisine which is pretty typical of a small town…a bit dicey! I am quickly learning that they love their fish and chips and even with my taste aversion to fried foods with enough ketchup I can eat deep fried fish!
The name of the game was relaxing so we spent most days sitting on the beach, which was only a few steps from our front door, reading, eating ice cream from the dairy on the corner, and taking naps. We had two concerts we had purchased tickets for one was the second night we were there and the other was on New Year’s Eve. Both concerts were kiwi bands; midnight youth, Jordan Luck, and The Feelers the first night, Gin Wigmore and Dave Dobbyn on New Year’s Eve. It was pretty cool ringing in a new year in another country, and a different day then my family! At midnight there was a countdown then everyone at the concert broke out into Auld Lange Syne and there were hugs….lots of hugs! It was a great trip with wonderful friends, and I actually finished a book in a week, on the downside I also gained a few pounds!
No comments:
Post a Comment