After waking up at 3:00 am to pick Ben up at the airport at 4:45 am I ended up waiting in the arrivals at the Auckland International Airport for two hours. I knew before he left that he had been red-flagged because he had been denied a visa (due to my inability to correctly fill out paperwork). Just when I was about to give my new cute black platforms a rest Ben appeared with the best smile on his face. I had decided that after having been interrogated for two hours he would be pretty irritated that I made him come to this country but it was so wonderful to see him. We stood there and held each other for what seemed like ages but still not long enough! Unfortunately he was only given a one month visitor permit but we filled paperwork out that will hopefully get him longer.
We started out the adventure just exploring close to home. I took him to my favorite cafes and shops. Today we explored the zoo and since it was such a nice day we also went to Raglan to enjoy the beach! We had never seen black sand so it was pretty amazing! I am just so glad to have him here and hope that his paperwork goes through okay so he doesn't have to leave!
Friday, January 29, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment