Monday, February 8, 2010

BeNJaMMiN!

So after many months of waiting for the elusive Benjamin he finally made his appearance down under! I only had to wait two hours at the airport and then stress about whether he would be allowed to stay longer then a month. Lucky the general manger of the company that I work for has some connections...which he pulled and Ben is now a visitor in New Zealand for up to six months!


Brett (an Audiologist I work with) had a vacancy at his beach house for the weekend, and Ben and I had no plans so Brett offered us the beach house in Whagamata for the weekend! We went up on Friday night after I got off of work and enjoyed a lovely hike of the Wentworth Valley waterfall, some relaxing on the beach, and playing in our headlamps combing the beach of unique seashells by night!

While browsing at a souvenir shop Ben stumbled upon a postcard for Cathedral Cove and decided that we had to get there some time....since it happens to only be another hour past Whanga, we decided to make a day of it Sunday before heading home. It was a beautiful 45 minute hike (which only took us 28 minutes....Ben was walking fast, I was practically running to catch up) down to the limestone formations and crystal clear ocean water. We had our lunch there and I even got into the ocean (hair wet and all), didn't hurt that I had a lifeguard (Ben). Such a perfect weekend!


2 comments:

  1. ummm...Dawn...I need more than just a title!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh! So much better! apparently if I'm patient the post will come!! The beach sounds so amazing right now....all I hear from every passenger I get on the phone is how much snow they have on the east coast...bring on the beach!!!

    ReplyDelete