Friday, October 23, 2009

Wellington or bust!

Oticon, a Danish hearing aid manufacturer invited me to a training day at their New Zealand headquarters. This was my first business trip, and I think I can handle plenty more. I arrived at the airport Tuesday evening and walked right up to the Air New Zealand ticket counter. They ask my name, validated that I was flying to Wellington, and checked my bag and that was it. They never asked for my ID or a credit card or anything! I had a coffee and waited for my plane, I assumed it would be like the Pocatello ‘air terminal’ since the size looked comparable. I was actually a little nervous about going through security since I was wearing boots and I had a big zipper on my skirt. When they announced that my flight was border I promptly went to the only departure gate. I walked through a doorway, handed the flight attendant my ticket and that was it. Again, no one asked for ID, no one asked me to take my shoes off, no one made me take my laptop out of my bag, no one made me sure them my embarrassing collection of lip gloss and hand lotion….oddly enough, I still felt pretty safe. I literally could have shown up to the airport five minutes early and had time to read a few pages of the air New Zealand magazine before takeoff.


Other than all the sweet time I save, I not only got a cute little jello pudding snack container full of water, but I also got a cookie, a choice of tea or coffee, and piece of candy to suck on as we make our decent. I also waited less than five minutes for my luggage. America may want to consider these same flight modifications.

Although it was only 24 hours it was a great trip and wonderful opportunity to travel the country!






I sure love snacks!










Filling out the all important customer service survey!





No comments:

Post a Comment