Saturday, December 12, 2009

My first Christmas tree in a decade!

  Less than two weeks till Christmas! The stockings have been hung, the tree is drinking plenty of liquids in preparation for its 'earrings' and I have made my Christmas sweets (i.e. hootie creek cookies, and better then sex cake....you know the traditional ones ;) ). I have never been away from my family on Christmas and although that is not my desired outcome (I didn't want to fork out $2500 on a plane ticket) it will none the less be a Christmas for the books. Now my biggest dilemma....do I open pressies on my Christmas.....your Christmas....or both? The decisions....I should win a Nobel peace prize if I can solve this one!

  One thing I have noticed....that icky fruit cake that we always joke about and wonder why they make it....well they call it Christmas cake here and they go crazy for it....I act like I am making a huge sacrifice and give my tantalizing slice to someone else. At least I solved the mystery on who actually eats the stuff. I also HAD to buy chocolate syrup for a cake I was making....little did I know that chocolate syrup must be as strictly regulated as petrol. It actually cost $8 for chocolate syrup I feel like I should lock up whatever I don't use. Well enjoy the photos, there are more to come when we finally decorate the tree!



Tired after a full day of Christmas shopping!


Need to get a safety deposit box for this valuable!


I heart Christmas in New Zealand...the closest thing to a fireplace we have!

No comments:

Post a Comment