So on a cloudy day at Lake Taupo after preparing for the SIKA show I decided that bungee jumping needed to be checked off my list. Had some Burger Fuel (my first ever) and had a beer and then headed to the bungee. Don’t get me wrong, my legs were shaking like leaves. I knew if I didn’t immediate leap off that platform I would join the ranks of the losers who stand there for two days and everyone makes fun of them for it. So I stepped up to the platform, gave my mom a big smile, and stepped off the platform. Your stomach literally feels like it is in your knees (your feet are so tight you can’t feel anything that far down). After the initial decent I thought that wasn’t so bad, but I had overlooked that whole stretchy side of the bungee and although going back up wasn’t bad, it was the moment that I knew I was going back down again. That second decent was quite a surprise. It was all over so fast, I was ready to do it again. It was a wonderful experience in a lovely place with great moral support. Riette, Alana, Graeme, and Lucy were all there to cheer me on and be scared for my mom. The walk back up to the top of the cliff was, by far longer, then the actual bungee!
Can’t wait to take my sister bungee jumping!
Can’t wait to take my sister bungee jumping!




No comments:
Post a Comment